Re: Another wierd curl (6.5.2) problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel.stenberg_at_netinsight.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:02:08 +0200

Take my spam wrote:

> Except there is the two packet thing I mentioned earlier.. (which seems
> independ of how many extra headers I include.. ie, -H "Accept-Language","Accept-Encoding", doesn't change the packet count or the split right at the last
> 0d0a packet.

Well, the -H stuff adds one extra write() (or similar) for each header you add,
so if that doesn't change the "packet count", I don't know what. With one -H,
you get three write()s.

> The wierdest thing is that using the 'nc' command-line with what appears to
> be the same sequence, results in a correct transfer.. Using 'curl' _never_
> does (with existing files, I get a 'Connection closed by remote host' error
> inside the Transfer routine).

This indicates on some kind of problem in the select()/download part of curl.
That might be a place to start. I'll see if I can repeat these problems.

What OS is this running?

> Any ideas? Can you try to pull some HTML off the site in question and see if
> you see these same issues?

I'll try as soon as I get around to work on this from "home"...

--
 Daniel Stenberg, Software Developer
 Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu, +46-705-443177, www.contactor.se/~dast