Re: is there a need for a better libcurl?

From: Wham Bang <wham_bang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:08:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Well, I for one would find such a project highly interesting.
I do like libcurl and it seems to work for me so far, but
I must say that I find the interface a bit quirky.

Would you want to make it a C lib or are you open to the idea
of a C++ library? I really like perl's LWP model with User-Agent,
HTTP-Request and HTTP-Response objects. It'd be really nice
to have a C++ lib with a simillar interface.

Another interesting idea might be to build a command-line tool
around Mozilla's new netlib (the networking engine - completely
rewritten as I understand it). The code for that should probably

--- Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_netinsight.se> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Many months ago I started talking about redesigning libcurl. [...]

=====
Wham! <wham_bang_at_yahoo.com>