Re: make error

From: Bjorn Reese <breese_at_mail1.stofanet.dk>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:31:23 +0000

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Michi 'Witty' wrote:
>
> > Here's the source of resource.h.
>
> > extern int getpriority(int, id_t); /*<---------*/
> > extern int setpriority(int, id_t, int);
>
> It seems as if perhaps the typedef for the 2nd parameter to getpriority() is
> the problem.
>
> You could probably try 'man getpriority' and see if the man page specifies
> what (other) includes files to include. My man pages tell me to include
> <sys/resource.h> (Solaris 2) and <sys/time.h> plus <sys/resource.h> (Linux).
> The latter two are both #included.

The man page for AIX (4.3) does not mention this, but the UNIX98 standard
says "The id_t type is defined through typedef as described in <sys/types.h>"
in the description of <sys/resource.h>. See

  http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xsh/sysresource.h.html

Btw, id_t is described as "Used as a general identifier; can be used to
contain at least a pid_t, uid_t or a gid_t."