Re: Cookie handling in Curl 6.4

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:45:00 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Spambait wrote:

> It appears that sending multiple cookies is broken in Curl 6.4.
> Curl 6.4 sends:
>
> Cookie: name1=value1;name2=value2;name3=value3;
>
> It appears that the correct way to send multiple cookies is:
>
> Cookie: name1=value1; name2=value2; nam3=value3
>
> This appears to be a problem according to the cookie spec (at
> http://portal.research.bell-labs.com/~dmk/cookie-3.6.txt), and
> IIS4.0 will not accept multiple cookies in the current format.

This is interesting indeed.

The document you point to, is an expired internet draft that defines the
Set-Cookie2: header and the accompanying Cookie:. I don't see how that
document is the most relevant for this issue.

As far as I have found out, RFC 2109 is still the document for cookies, and
there aren't any browsers out there that follows it... :-/

However, both these documents are clear at this point: there is no required
white space after the semicolon.

> Can this please be addressed in a future version?

I have now modified it and 6.5 will be using white spaces is the manner
described above.

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77